Update: Feb 22, 2020
Status: Full Time
Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line RE: New Hope Christian Church - Chinese Pastor
New Hope Christian Church (NHCC) is an evangelical, Bible-believing church. We meet every Sunday morning and hold Chinese and English services at 7575 Alden Bridge Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77382. Our Sunday attendance is on average 230 people, which includes a Chinese congregation (130 adults,) an English Congregation (50 adults with youth), and 50+ children. We are looking for a spiritually mature Chinese pastor with leadership gifts to meet our growing ministry needs.
This position is full-time and includes a competitive benefits package (health, dental, and term life insurance as well as a 403B retirement package). The position includes a continuing education budget and flexibility to pursue your studies.
• Language Skills: Mandarin Chinese preaching & English speaking and writing, other dialect or language a plus.
• Education: Graduate level seminary training, M.Div. or above preferred.
• Experience: Pastoral experience in a North American Chinese church and having experience of ministering young professionals preferred
• Ministry Style: Must be a team player who is comfortable functioning within a multiple-staff structure.
• Spiritual Gifts: Preaching, teaching, and leadership.
• Doctrines: Non-charismatic evangelical; must be in full agreement with NHCC doctrinal statement
· Provide leadership and direction in the assigned area of Chinese ministries in accordance with church vision.
· Disciple and mentor ministry leaders.
· Coach a team of small group leaders and apprentices in the assigned ministry zone.
· Function effectively and smoothly as a member of the staff team.
2. Teaching & Preaching:
· Preach in the Mandarin Chinese service.
· Teach adult Sunday School.
· Provide on-site supervision for programs and special events.
· Conduct ministry trainings.
3. Caring Ministry
· Provide caring & shepherding
· Conduct visitation as needed.
· Conduct counseling for individuals and families as needed
· Assist in family ministries in small group and church
4. Missions & Evangelism
· Model and train people in evangelism.
· Support the overall missions and evangelism effort of the church.
· Report to Senior Pastor and attend monthly church council meetings.
· Share administrative duties assigned within the staff team.
· Work with church staff to support general ministry needs.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Meet with Senior Pastor periodically for accountability and overall church involvement.